Thursday, December 15, 2016

the end of a semester



  Approximately sixteen weeks ago began a new semester.  One filled with new ideas, new facts, new professors, and plenty of homework.  The stress of this semester hasn't been as bad as I pictured that it would be (given seven classes and all), however, the stress of LIFE this semester has been oh so bothersome. 
  Every semester that goes by, I am reminded just how fast times runs.  I'm one semester away from highschool graduation.  Eight and a half months away from leaving my moms home.  Five semesters away from getting my degree.  Three years away from turning 21.
  I'm reminded of the lyrics of Pink Floyd's hit, Time:

  You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.
  
  And then one day you find ten years have gone behind you.

  No one told you when to run;

  You missed the starting gun.

  And you run and run but the sun is sinking.

  Someday will never come, but today always will.